Wedding Day

Wedding Day

Monday, October 28, 2013

There Can Only Be One (Week 16)

What has been interesting to me as a husband has been watching the hard changes that my wife has gone through over the last 16 weeks.  The first trimester my wife didn't want to touch food at any point.   I had to give up awesome omelets just so she wouldn't look like she would barf (reference Spongebob pic).  That took a backseat to the second trimester which brought a completely opposite effect.

Now I have always had a pretty high metabolism: I could eat a dozen donuts, a pizza with skittles and not gain an ounce.   Today my metabolism is still pretty high and I eat pretty much anything in site.  Yeah yeah so what's the problem you ask?  My wife is doing the  exact same thing.  The last few weeks have been a nightmare.  I usually will inhale large quantities of food but now there are two of us (or three of us technically) doing this.  This baby has made my wife regain her appetite, but in a way I have not seen from her before.  

 While on vacation,  my wife frequently would simultaneously eat her food and mine!  MINE!!!!  (Anyone who knows me, knows I am pretty protective of my food)  We aren't talking dainty little meals, I'm talking man burgers, fries and other large amounts of protein.  She says this may be a sign that it is a boy and that we would be in trouble.  I certainly hope not cause if this keeps up 95% of my paycheck will go just towards food.  FOOD!!  And let's be honest the second stage of that is diapers.

So fellas just be prepared.  The first trimester can be filled with not wanting to eat too much and tons of morning sickness (or not).  The second trimester: protect or hide your food.  

I tried talking to the kid about this but I haven't heard back yet. 
The End~

No comments:

Post a Comment