Wedding Day

Wedding Day

Saturday, April 9, 2016

I'm tired......and lazy. Life of Toddler

Okay I have not had anytime to write in this blog. Why, nbecause I'm tired...lazy...eh more tired than anything else.  If you have followed my journey then you know that I now have a toddler.   I spend many days and every morning getting her ready for day care while simultaneously trying to live my life as well.  I have not written in this for a while so instead of trying to actually write a blog about all the things that happened one by one, I'm just going to list them all here for your enjoyment (thank me later).

12 months to 13 months:

Things that are endlessly talked about through their first year:

Who your baby looks like
Gosh, the never ending revolving door of who your kid looks like.  It reminds of this clip from Space Balls:


Why did I choose this clip?  Because everyone says that the baby looks like your uncle with your sister's nose.  Or it looks like your cousin Larry but with your Aunt Lucinda's eyes or your brothers, uncles, cousins, nephews face.  In the end (like the clip) it means absolutely NOTHING to you!  Will your kid look like someone in your family...maybe and maybe not.  More than likely they will look like you or your wife/husband.  In the end, it's a baby and it looks more like a bald old guy than anyone else.

Daycare, nanny or home:
Oh the ever debated Nanny, day care or home.  Almost as exciting as watching actual debates on TV.  Look if you want to do any of these BE MY GUEST!  Just don't look down on someone that does something different than you.  Because no matter which one you pick, it's going to cost you something anyway (if not time, definitely money).

How old is she or he?
This question I'm not bugged with so much.  Mainly cause I am terrible at guessing kids ages under 12.  I guess it just gets annoying that you have to keep saying it almost daily.    I get more annoyed that some people still can't figure out if my daughter is a boy or girl.  We had issues with this early on and it is more rare now, but now when she is 16.5 months old there are occasions where someone will think she is boy and I show them this face:








Finally an issue we dealt with from 13-16 months:

When your kid calls everyone daddy or mommy:
Okay so I loved it when my daughter's first words were daddy, but sometimes they just call everyone that.  Mainly, the decide to call people that love them and care for them most so don't feel bad.

Okay this all my summary for the post 1 year old moments that I remember.

And so we go on....

3 comments: