Wedding Day

Wedding Day

Friday, October 25, 2013

My First Real Enemy (Week 14)

So my wife and I finally picked out a couple of baby things.  Remember my wife and I have absolutely NO baby experience or baby product experience.  On the other hand I am a pretty good researcher and so after digging into a couple of reviews and places we purchased our crib.  It has all that safety baby stuff that mothers commonly freak out about.  Our child can gnaw on that sucker all they want and not get harmful chemicals in their body!  Whoo hooo!

Anyway when I looked at this thing all I could think about was prison.  The crib is a prison for little people.  Its stylish and cute (according to my wife) and it wasn't as hard as some Ikea stuff I've had to put together, but it is a prison.  

I bet I could do a google image search to find kids grabbing the bars (imagine me leaving at this point to go searching through baby prison images on google).

Anyway that wasn't the purchase that has become my number #1 enemy.  It's the confounded pregnancy pillow!!  Yes this pillow has ruined my life since its inception into our home.  First of all this mammoth beauty of softness is close to 5.5 feet long!  Yeah see that little island section to the left, that is my area.  I know I am not a big guy, but I bump into that Mexican border every night. 

I feel like it has replaced me as a husband.  After reading several reviews on this thing, I realized that this is an epidemic.  Husbands everywhere have complained that this pillow is a monstrosity and is slowly nudging them out of existence.  But my wife needs it and loves it.  She basically builds a fort every night.  I usually have to knock to get in. 


Either way that pregnancy pillow is still my number #1 enemy.   

The End~

1 comment:

  1. My beautiful wife surrendered to the massive soft pillow near the 2nd trimester, dare try to cross the border to meet your sweet pregnant wife... oh man, blessings brother

    ReplyDelete