Wedding Day

Wedding Day

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

So I'm Going to be a Dad....

Ever feel like all you see on Facebook are pictures of people's babies or their dogs?  Well I finally get to be one of those jerks who will take tons of pictures his kid.

When I found out that I was going to have a kid I went searching for blogs written by dads.  I wanted an account of the pregnancy through the first couple years of their kids lives.  Most of the blogs I found either didn't address the pregnancy part or just didn't fit what I was looking for: real but hopeful.

So I've decided to chronicle the pregnancy and the first couple years of my child's life.  It will be real.  by real I mean I won't make it sound sweeter than it is.  I won't beat around the bush.  I will be honest with humor.   Pregnancy is tough, there are tons of awkward moments, and there are some hard times and great times.  All of it needs to be heard and I won't hold that back.

Also, I am a Christian so I will have deeper meaning behind the birth of my child.  Since I believe having a child is a display of the gospel and how God cares for us, at times I will reflect on it.  It won't be the dominate conversation but it will come up.  If you don't like it, just skip over it. It won't hurt my feelings.

So the journey begins.  I hope this will help those who are first time parents, especially dudes.  I want to create a blog that goes through what a guy sees his wife going through.  My worries, my anxieties along with the weird things, the funny things and the cool things about having a kid.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment