Wedding Day

Wedding Day

Thursday, July 8, 2010

The World Cup 2010


Anyone who knows me knows I am a fanatic about football (and I don't mean that game where you use your hands!!). ANd being that my country Spain is in the final I'm even more excited about the WC. But in general I love to watch football, emulate great players, play it outside for hours, play it on video games, etc. But it hasn't always been the game in the World Cup that I love to watch, its the various cultures that attend. The World Cup excites me so much because you are getting a wonderful picture of what the kingdom of God looks like and will look like when it is physically manifested. Africans, Americans, English, Germans, Ghanains, South Africans, the Dutch, and the list is endless. All are proud of where they come from but at the same time enjoy each others company amidst a game that has brought peace to warring nations, and people even if for a brief period. The kingdom will be filled with those from every nation. Look at Revelation 7:8-10,


"After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice:
"Salvation belongs to our God,
who sits on the throne,
and to the Lamb."
People from all parts of the world, different cultures, praising God in His full glory! How awesome is that? I see this when I see the World Cup, a nice picture of what the kingdom will look like...and you know what that's exciting!

On a side note, I wonder if God will allow vuvuzelas in the kingdom?

Be Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment