Wedding Day

Wedding Day

Friday, February 28, 2014

How to Care for Your Child Teen Edition (Week 33)

The baby is not that far away.  Third Trimester has been in full blown beast mode, so we are preparing and excited for the arrival of our little girl.
Now most of you who read this blog know that I work with kids.  I believe God was preparing me for my own child and therefore equipped me for that wonderful age of teenagers.  Well my work put on a fabulous baby shower where a table of kids decided to fill out the advice form that was placed at every table.  I thought their advice on how to care for my child was quite insightful and interesting.


On the Baby's first six weeks:

1.  Watch as much football as possible.   (maybe they mean futbol)
2.  Lullaby songs should be by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.  (Anyone know how to play bass?)
3.  Put the baby to bed at 12 midnight.   (If I can make it to midnight I celebrate)
4.  Buy the baby a leather jacket.           (Biker baby?)
5.  Keep the baby awake at all times!    (Nada, no one would enjoy that time)

On Parenting a Girl:

1. Give her lots and lots of toys.       (So I can relive Jingle All the Way)    
2.  Never drop her.                           (I thought this was a given?)
3. She needs all the clothes in the world.  (So I can control what she wears, sure)
4. Give her everything she wants.      (Within reason, the second she asks for a space shuttle, I'm done)

Must Have Baby Products:
1. Diaper (not diapers, but singular diaper)
2. Red Bull (for us or the babies, still unsure)
3. A snuggie.

As you can see if kids were raising babies who knows how they would turn out.  Though I would love to see a baby on Red Bull and trying to calm them down or get them to sleep.   Either way this gives you a little insight to the minds of teens:  chaotic, fun and the opposite of what you want to do.

The End~

No comments:

Post a Comment