Wedding Day

Wedding Day

Friday, September 28, 2012

Concerts Are just Fun

Okay so I think it is important to not just write about biblical stuff, but about life in general.  I used to love going to concerts when I was younger.  I didn't mind being crammed into the Boathouse in Va Beach with sweaty, beer spilling, non-deo wearing fans yelling and jumping to 2 Skinney J's, 311 or Mae (I know I am dating myself).  I have even seen some oldies like Chicago (with my parents) in a huge venue watching old people sway reminiscing about the younger years.

As I get older I find that I like that less and less.  So when I do go to a concert I try to find venues that are not too far or look like they could be in one of the Saw movies.  One place I do like is Jammin Java in Vienna, Va.  This place is located in a strip mall and at first looks like it will be a disappointment, but this place is really nice.  The artist we went to see was just hanging outside talking with people when we arrived.  They have a nice bar when you first walk in and curtains to separate the bar from the concert area.  The picture above is the concert area which is standing room only with about 15 chairs off the side.  When we arrived there were about 30 people and when Aaron got on stage it was probably around 50 tops.  The place had a real "artsy" feel with artistic paintings (possibly local) and various artist tour posters in a collage on the walls.
Standing about 2 feet away from stage
I appreciate places like this (the 100 person type place) that has good artist come through.  Yes I am older and I do enjoy the kind of atmosphere where I can enjoy music and maybe something to eat without the excessive noise and interesting people watching.  In the end I rekindle the joy of being at a concert.  It is a great way to get away from work, the house and just sit back and enjoy an artist you enjoy.  I went with my wife and she can tell you that I was blown away by the aatmosphere.

Worship is fun as it should be.
Be Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment