Wedding Day

Wedding Day

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Memories

Its close to Christmas and I am at my mom's house currently visiting my family for the holiday. As always I have to go through all the mail I receive as the places that I dont want to mail me at my actual home I leave for my mom's house. I came across 2 things: 1. An alumni letter asking me whether I missed good ol Mary Washington and how crazy it is that its been 7 months (actually 1 year for me) since we graduated. Then they asked for a donation. (Sorry UMW you have 36,000 of my money I think I'm good). 2. I received some weird high tech UMW 2.0 magazine that detailed all the cool things my college is doing while I am no longer there (ironic isnt it?). New buildings we needed like 10 years ago, a new basketball area, a new dorm area, new shops, places to hang out and eat for more social activity that is safe and on campus. Though all those things I was not bitter about this as the magazine was pretty boring but there was a picture on the back, as if you were standing in front of Monroe Hall facing the fountain at dusk. It showed the fountain and the lights lit up and it was actually quite an amazing picture. Rarely but on this time I began to think of the numerous walks I took past that fountain at night, by myself, with friends or with my girlfriend. It was one of those moments where you think of memories and smile to yourself in enjoyment. I remembered meeting my gf and taking walks with her to get to know her and her relationship with Christ. I remember walking by it at night dressed up as a clown to head to the eagles nest with friends to act like an idiot, and I remember sitting at it during grad ball just taking in the end of college life. I reflected on memories from all 3 years at UMW and it was alot of fun. I can say that I have no regrets (except maybe actually trying to get good grades..................naw!). My relationship with Christ grew immensely from it. Each pitfall, each person who told me to believe in this or that. Or Jesus was really this, the Bible says this cause I say so.....all of it made my faith grow.
I think one of the greatest joys is that memories are truly a gift from God. To sit and remember good times, and even bad times to show grow is so reminiscent of our God.
GOd remembers his promises (Gen. 9:15) He remembers and blesses those who are his (Psalm 115:12, and we remember what he has done for us(Psalm 77:11)

So take sometime and think of a period of time that not only did you create and have great memories, but also grew in your relationship with Christ. It doesnt have to be epic and have tons of melodrama, but a time where you remember, a memory of value and importance.

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment