Wedding Day

Wedding Day

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Third trimester Review (Week 38)

Spoiler alert: We are having a baby. We are now in the waiting game for our baby girl to leave the womb and see our goofy smiles.  So I've written about what to expect, what weird things can happen and what things you wish you never knew as a guy.  I have done reviews of the first and second trimester and now it is time for the third.

What to expect:

Your wife feels like a bus.  Naturally she is gaining around 20-35 pounds (yes it is varying depending on who you are) and she feels like the Michelin Man (except not running like in the photo).  Towards the middle/end of third trimester she is swollen on her hands and feet. Hopefully you don't gain 20-35 pounds with her!

She needs help with socks and shoes.
Due to all that swelling your wife may have a hard time putting on her shoes.  I think it is a true test for when your little kid becomes a toddler. Just be careful when taking her socks off and she is ticklish, she may kick you in the face.

She still eats you out of house and home.
I eat all the time and it is hard to keep up with my own appetite, but add two people with that problem and you have disaster waiting to happen.  As soon as I find food, I see her blue eyes pop out from around the corner asking me what am I doing?  That is code for "so you're making me food right?"

She may be obsessed with ice
My wife for some reason is in love with ice, probably more than she is in love with me.  We struggle to keep any ice in our freezer as she loads up her Nalgene with 10-20 ice cubes.  Maybe she is overheated or became an Eskimo, but I still do not understand it.

She will have plenty of insomnia 
So my wife as a gift got me a Fitbit.  I love this thing (she also got one for herself) as I can track what I eat, how many steps I walk a day and track how I sleep.  Lately I do not sleep well.  Due to her feeling like a bus, swollen body parts and just feeling uncomfortable she doesn't sleep.  And anyone who has been married understands that when the wife doesn't sleep you don't sleep either.

Excuse me but your baby is showing!
Though many men have joked around about the movement of a baby being similar to that scene in alien...it's true.  Our baby girl moves around like there is some sort of fiesta or kung-fu demonstration going on in my wife's belly.  I actually play the game of when she sticks something out I push it back in and she will push it back out.  Hopefully that isn't some sort of rebellious omen for me being her daddy.
Either way the third trimester is a tiring but exciting time.  Your wife will need you more than ever as the time gets closer to giving birth to your awesome child.

Here are some last/quick recommendations.
1. Keep your cell phone on you at all times.
2. Hide food or snacks somewhere if she eats all your food.
3. Be available to help anyway that she needs it.
4. Prepare/complete a schedule (work, etc) so that post-baby you can be there as much as possible.


The End~

No comments:

Post a Comment