Wedding Day

Wedding Day

Friday, November 15, 2013

So I'm Having a Girl (Week 19)

If you haven't figured it out or if I haven't posted it on here my wife and I are having a girl.  Now most people would just shrug knowing that they were having a girl, not me.

Of course if you read this blog at all you have already realized either that A.  These people are a little "off"   B. Nothing seems to happen in a normal way.

Speaking of that, just similar to my advice to people who say dumb things to pregnant women, this needs to go for doctors and technicians.  Why be so weird?  First it took 25 mins of exploring my wife's stomach to tell us what the sex was.  I could handle that, though seriously I was falling asleep (don't hate, it was warm and the chair was comfortable).  Anyway they always bring in a doctor to confirm everything the tech person just told you.  By now we know it is a girl so as he runs through all the health stuff this is the exact interaction between us and him.

Dr.  So everything looks good and looks like you are having a girl.
Us: awesome great.
Dr.  Now I'm not just making that up.  I'm not just saying that because I don't see a penis.  (serious face)
Us.  Umm ok
Dr.  No really see here that's the ehhh and the blahhh and so yeah you are having a girl.
Us.  Umm hmm (tip lipped either from not trying to laugh or cry)

If you could have seen my face during this exchange it may have looked like this:
Look I get that the healthcare profession isn't always up to par, but when a technician and a doctor tell me something I'm more prone to trust them.
I think because he was awkward and not cool about it made it worse.  Like if Denzel was explaining this I am sure it would have gone smoothly.

But trust me my wife felt the same way so I didn't feel too bad, but she did see this face from me.  I just wanted to stand up and say: look man I trust you, I really do, its all good.  



Anyways if you are guy (or girl) just be prepared for the weirdness that comes with pregnancy.  Trust me you never see this stuff coming.



The End ~

No comments:

Post a Comment