Wedding Day

Wedding Day

Friday, November 30, 2012

Scribblings from a Scrabbled Mind

Ever have times where you are blasted by the Holy Spirit and write something deep or profound (at least to you) ?  They don't always make cohesive sense (mainly cause it is usually 1 or 2am)  

This is what my heart spilled out two nights ago:

I don't want a God that I simply ask him to bless my food when I'm already eating it. 

I don't want a God that I simply ask for things when I am in a pinch or because I feel like I deserve it. 

I don't want a God that I casually acknowledge. 

I don't want a God that I easily forget when things are going well or I am being successful. 

I don't want a God that I hide from the very people who need to hear and see Him.

For constructive reasons, my heart tells me a lot about myself.  Thankful that I have a God who not only works out the stupidity, selfishness and pride within me, but who also forgives me and tears down this person, so that they can be built up to look more like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment