Wedding Day

Wedding Day

Monday, May 17, 2010

N.T. Wright Article






I was searching around and found a very interesting article by Time magazine with the theologian N.T. Wright. N.T. Wright is a brilliant theologian and has written several books in many different areas of theology. There are some key theological points that I do not agree with Wright and are very damaging to the gospel (read his book Justification on his argument with John Piper over its meaning, and origin) but I would not say he is a heretic. Its on a subject I think that we take for granted as Christians: heaven. So on that I posted this so that you could read the article and give me some feedback as to what you think. Don't be afraid---leave feedback below.



Article link:
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1710844,00.html?iid=sphere-inline-sidebar

1 comment:

  1. This view makes living much more purposeful. What we do furthers the Kingdom of God.

    This is the part I like the best:

    If people think "my physical body doesn't matter very much," then who cares what I do with it? And if people think that our world, our cosmos, doesn't matter much, who cares what we do with that? Much of "traditional" Christianity gives the impression that God has these rather arbitrary rules about how you have to behave, and if you disobey them you go to hell, rather than to heaven. What the New Testament really says is God wants you to be a renewed human being helping him to renew his creation, and his resurrection was the opening bell. And when he returns to fulfil the plan, you won't be going up there to him, he'll be coming down here.

    ReplyDelete